If you are running on IBM i 7.3, there is a new tool that is delivered
with the operating system. Its called Authority Collection. You turn on
the tool ,specify a user or group of users that you want to collect
authority information for, then you have those user go about their job.
Run the applications for some period of time. The Authority Collection
support will then gather information for every object that is touched. It
will tell you the authority on each object and more importantly, what
authority check was used to allow this user to actually access this
specific object. (i.e., object allowed it, user profile, group profile,
etc)

Provides you all the detail and information that you would need to be able
to set you authorities on the object to *Exclude and then be able to open
up just the minimal amount of objects or profiles to ensure tight security
control.

Detailed out in the 7.3 Knowledge Center.

Tim

Tim Rowe, timmr@xxxxxxxxxx
Business Architect Application Development & Systems Management for IBM i
IBM i Development Lab, Rochester, MN
(507) 253-6191 (Tie) 553-6191

http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/power/software/i/are/index.html