From: WEB400 [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Henrik Rützou
Sent: 15 October 2015 18:22
To: Web Enabling the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries) <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Hosting a Large Number of Node Apps on the IBM i

aaron

technically it just create a "no value" overhead both on the server and in the client

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 7:10 PM, Henrik Rützou <hr@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Aaron

I see great value in websockets if you want to distribute real time
data such as a current stock price.

I don't se any value in an ERP system or at least 99,5 % of the system.

So why hold TCP connections open to a browser based client if it has
no real value?

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 7:05 PM, Aaron Bartell
<aaronbartell@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Henrik, you have an interesting conversation style that I am not sure
how to work with. You're accusing me of using dashboards in a wrong
way according to a scenario you have in your head (probably based on
a bad past experience you've had that I have no awareness of).

If you don't see value in WebSockets that's perfectly fine. Don't
pursue it.

Aaron Bartell
litmis.com - Services for open source on IBM i