Use ODBC instead of "ibm_db2" db2_connect().

On Debian-based Linux:
apt-get install -y php5-odbc unixodbc

Download the System i Access for Linux. More info here: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_71/rzatv/rzatvinstall.htm

Install IBM i Access for Linux. More info at http://yips.idevcloud.com/wiki/index.php/Tier2/IAccess
dpkg -i /opt/ibm/ibm-iaccess-1.1.0.3-1.0.amd64.deb

Then write PHP!
$conn = odbc_connect("DRIVER={IBM i Access ODBC Driver};DATABASE=$database;SYSTEM=$hostname;PROTOCOL=TCPIP", $user, $password);

More good reads:
http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/power/software/i/access/solutions.html
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg246551.html?Open
http://feub.net/2010/11/ingredients-php-db2-and-unixodbc/
http://www.phpro.org/tutorials/Introduction-to-PHP-PDO.html#4.9

Austin Maddox
Lead Web Developer | I.T. Dept | Western Power Sports, Inc.