On 9/2/2015 9:16 AM, Kevin Turner wrote:
I don't know how many of us there are out there using Node on the IBMi yet, but of those that are, has anyone managed to successfully install node-inspector?

It is a fantastic tool that gives you interactive debug facilities that very closely match the debug tools you get in the Chrome browser.

Unfortunately, "npm install node-inspector -g" fails on the IBMi. We have logged it with IBM and they have it on their list of "things that don't install" at the moment. I think that they will sort it out if there is enough clamour for it, but I was wondering if anyone had managed to get around the issues.

The first issue we found was "Dependent module libstdc++.a(libstdc++.so.6) could not be loaded."

We got around that, but now get "No module named fcntl"

Some more data from a 7.2 LPAR.

5733OPS installs Python as 'python3'. This throws a gyp error: 'Error:
Can't find Python executable "python"'

I made a symlink to equate 'python' with 'python3' - not everyone will
want to do this:
ln -s /QOpenSys/usr/bin/python3 /QOpenSys/usr/bin/python

When I run npm install again I get a new gyp error: 'Python executable
"python" is v3.4.2, which is not supported by gyp'