So how much difference was there in the “time to build”? The Angular one
is clearly prettier and more functional.

It took me a couple hours to build my version without a framework. I had to
dig to find the JSON data source and images at angular.github.io. It takes
time to create HTML, CSS, and JS from scratch. After you do it, you have a
template for future projects.

I don't know how much time it would take to build with Angular. I spent
about 5 hours on tutorials just to grasp the concepts at a high level.

Regarding the Angular demo being more functional, I don't find "filters"
and "order by" behavior against JSON arrays to be very useful. I would use
SQL on the server to rebuild the JSON array instead. I left the phone
"details" page out, just to minimize the scope of the project.

Using our server-based framework, I could deploy an inquiry and maintenance
application in a couple hours which would have a lot more functionality
than the Angular application, and the styling would match our corporate
theme, which is quite attractive. It would probably take a lot more hours
to achieve something comparable via Angular.