Question:
What is this directory
/QIBM/WAS
And should I remove it's contents?

Details:
The WAS we are running on our IBM i 7.1 lpars is long in the tooth.
Normally falls into but a few categories:
- Old version of IBM Sametime (being migrated off of IBM i when moving to
Sametime 9).
- Infor's Webtop (not really using)
- and the last being "what was I on when I did that?"

The thought processing being as soon as Sametime is migrated off we are
going to delete WAS from these systems to ease upgrading to IBM i 7.2.
The "other team" can have someone reinstall Webtop when desired.

I am following the link at:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSEQTP_7.0.0/com.ibm.websphere.installation.base.iseries.doc/info/iseries/ae/tins_is_uninstall.html

And so far I only notice Express, so I run these steps:

Any WAS 6?
WRKLNK '/QIBM/ProdData/WebSphere/AppServer/*'

Are you running Express, Base, ???
WRKLNK '/QIBM/ProdData/WebSphere/AppServer/V7/*'

QSH
cd /QIBM/ProdData/WebSphere/AppServer/V7/Express/bin
Replace Express if necessary.

uninstall -OPT removeProfilesOnUninstall="true"

cd /

rm –R /QIBM/ProdData/WebSphere/AppServer/V7/Express
Replace Express, if necessary.

Do you have any "profiles"?
ls /QIBM/UserData/WebSphere/AppServer/V7/Express/profiles
rm -R /QIBM/UserData/WebSphere/AppServer/V7/Express/profiles/profile_name
Replacing Express if necessary, and "profile_name" with the appropriate
name.

Don't forget the following from the link at the top:
2. Remove HTTP Server directives.
3. Remove Lotus® Domino® Web server directives.

rm -R /QIBM/ProdData/WebSphere/AppServer/V7
rm -R /QIBM/ProdData/WebSphere/UpdateInstaller/V7
rm -R /QIBM/UserData/WebSphere/AppServer/V7

What is this directory
/QIBM/WAS
And should I remove it's contents?

Rob Berendt