From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott Mildenberger
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2013 12:47 PM
To: Web Enabling the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Advice on how to process xsd:base64Binary XML element retrieved from a web service.

Paul,

I just recently did this using HTTPAPI where one of the elements was a pdf file Base64 encoded. This is just a proof of concept program so not complete but it does decode the element and save to a file in the IFS. Below is the code in the 'incoming' procedure, my element was in 'PDFData' hence the if at the top. The apr_base64_decode procedure is in a copy member APR_B64_H that I think I got from Scott K's website but not sure as there are no comments identifying its origin. The prototype for the procedure I use is listed at the bottom. I use the same post procedure that you have. If you have questions on the below let me know, this was the first time I have done this but using the examples it all worked fine.

if name = 'PDFData';
PDFData = value;

// Base64 decode

TmpValue = %subst(PDFData : 1 : %len(value));
retlen = apr_base64_decode(PDFData : TmpValue);

// Store PDFData to an ifs file.
unlink('/home/SCOTT/log.pdf');
eval fd = open('/home/SCOTT/log.pdf':
O_WRONLY+O_CREAT+O_CODEPAGE:
S_IRUSR + S_IWUSR + S_IXUSR
+ S_IRGRP + S_IXGRP
+ S_IROTH + S_IXOTH : 819);
if fd < 0;
//callp EscErrno(errno);
//dsply ('RANDRTVLOG Write PDF Error: ' + errno
endif;

if write(fd: %addr(PDFData): retlen)
< retlen;
//eval err = errno;