Hi, Rob:

Perhaps try this approach?

http://www.boutell,com/newfaq/creating/dusabkeckise,html

Not perfect, but perhaps better than doing nothing and letting the users "crash and burn"...?

See also:
http://www.boutell.com/newfaq/creating/backbutton.html

Hope that helps,

Mark S. Waterbury

> On 10/30/2013 11:20 AM, Rob Dixon wrote:
Hi Mark - I hope that you are well.

Many thanks - I already did that but although it works in Chrome, it
doesn't work in Firefox. I will have to fix that. However, I also have
the problem if, when comms are very slow (as happens), the user makes a new
request before the response to the earlier request has been fully displayed
by the browser. I don't know how to fix that. ERROS responds very quickly
to requests but broadband speeds are not always good everywhere and there
is nothing I can do about that.

Any further ideas?

Best wishes

Rob

On 30 October 2013 15:04, Mark S Waterbury
<mark.s.waterbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

Use javascript to alter the behavior of the "back" button.

> On 10/30/2013 10:55 AM, Rob Dixon wrote:
I have been using persistent CGIDEV2 for several years, using OS/400 V5R1
and the original HTTP server, without any real problems and it works very
well, with excellent performance. However, if a user uses his browser
back
button and then operates on the previous window, I get ERROR code 500.
It
seems that when this happens the system starts a new DEFAULT job under
QHTTPSVR. This does not have the correct library list etc. so would be
bound to crash. I want the new request to return to my existing job as
would normally be the case. I am sure that other users of persistent
CGIDEV2 must have had this problem and presumably have solved it.

Any suggestions please?

--
This is the Web Enabling the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries) (WEB400) mailing
list