From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Eric Lehti
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2013 5:04 PM
To: Web Enabling the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)
Subject: [WEB400] Zend ToolKit demo programs are excellent tutorials

I thank Mike Pavlak from Zend and Alan Seiden from alanseiden.com for
sharing valuable points with me.

Step 1: downloaded the IBM i Zend from :
http://www.zend.com/en/products/server/downloads

Step 2: downloaded and installed XML Toolkit for IBM i update from:
http://www.zend.com/en/products/server/downloads

Note: The Toolkit demo programs will sometimes not work after the PTF is
applied.
Complete the following steps to overcome this issue:
1. Stop Zend Server subsystems by entering:
- GO ZENDSVR/ZSMENU ->option 5 ->option 2
2. Start QSH shell by entering:
QSH
3. Change to Toolkit directory by entering:
cd /usr/local/zendsvr/share/ToolkitAPI
4. Run script by entering:
ToolkitIpcrm.sh
5. Press F3 to exit QSH shell
6. Start Zend Server subsystems by entering:
GO ZENDSVR/ZSMENU ->option 5 ->option 1

Now I can run the Toolkit programs from our IBM I server at:
http://samson:10088/ZendServer/Samples/Toolkit/

I recommend document: PHP-Toolkit-from-Zend-and-IBM-2013.pdf

Step 3: learned much at http://youngiprofessionals.com/wiki/XMLSERVICE

Step 4: viewed and listened to Alan Seiden's excellent presentation at:

http://www.zend.com/en/webinar/IBMi/70170000000bzBD-PHPToolkit-20130306.
flv
in which Alan discusses the Toolkit extensively.
http://www.alanseiden.com/toolkit/

Read document PHP-for-batch-taskes-on-IBM.pdf which is very informative.

Step 5: got some remote support from Alan Seiden via email in which he
coached me on how to modify the Toolkit examples so I can run my own
programs and commands.

Step 6: I have success at last in using PHP to run CL programs and IBM
commands on the IBM i.

--
This is the Web Enabling the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries) (WEB400) mailing