Have you turned on commitment control at the global PHP level using ibm_db2.i5_allow_commit=1?

See these slides, particularly pages 37-42.
http://www.slideshare.net/aseiden/db2-and-php-best-practices-on-ibm-i

Alan
--
*Alan Seiden Consulting LLC*
PHP for IBM i expertise and advocacy

Project leader, Zend PHP Toolkit for IBM i
Zend Framework certified contributor

Office: 201-447-2437 Cell: 201-248-4704
http://www.alanseiden.com | alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://twitter.com/alanseiden

CRPence <mailto:CRPbottle@xxxxxxxxx>
March 6, 2013 11:51 AM

I am not sure about the interface being used, but in some cases there
is the /isolation level/ that must also be set to something other than
NC [aka NONE or No Commit]; i.e. the auto-commit feature does not also
define the commitment-control\isolation-level to be used. A SQL DELETE
statement without the WITH-isolation-level clause will use the default
isolation. Thus a circumvention [pending resolution to establishing the
desired isolation-level for the connection, in addition to having
established the no-autocommit], is to specify something like WITH UR on
the request to explicitly request the isolation to use on the DML
statement; e.g.:
db2_exec($conn, "DELETE FROM teltrn WITH UR");