Several incorrect jQuery and Renaissance assumptions there Henrik! It must be getting late. No garbage collection??

That aside, it is an interesting debate about whether or not a typical application has tons of "work with" functions. This is probably true of a green screen app, but not necessarily so in a browser based app. We have one which supports around 3900 concurrent sessions during a normal day (call centre agents for a cable tv company) and none of those users ever get to see a work-with/crud type interface (and yes they can launch several tabs without logging in again).

To be honest, I am not sure what we do is typical or representative of what the majority of companies are trying to achieve with web development on the ibmi. Our business is pretty much driven by applications that interface with legacy green screen applications on the back-end - so the customers don't want a GUI that is similar to what they already have - they want something that makes life easier, and doesn't take 2 weeks of training to be able to use. So I guess this is slightly different to porting/rewriting an entire green screen application. In other words, we are not in to porting or migrating existing apps - but rather bolting on alternative UIs to existing apps or writing new ones from scratch.

Sent from my iPad