Can I use IBM Rational Developer for i to work with and to push files to a web folder on an i?

Currently I am using Filezilla and that works well for pushing images and HTML files to /www/bmartin/htdocs but I am currently trying to understand the IBM offerings and what comes with the box.

I have tried, in IBM Rational Developer for i , to create an i project and put favico.ico and other files in a workspace folder and connect them to my web folder on the i, without success.

I am trying to do an extremely simple application from end to end using just the editing tools IBM provides. I am getting there but man, I can be dense sometimes.

http://www.martinvt.com/Ice_Cream_Project/Ice_Cream__HTML_/ice_cream__html_.html is how far I have gotten so far.