Those skills are indeed essential for web development. However, if you use CGIDEV2 for web development then you need RPG expertise.

-----Original Message-----
From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Cooper
Sent: Friday, December 07, 2012 2:18 PM
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Web Enabling Applications

For web development I wouldn't worry about finding someone with RPG skills. In today's world, a web developer needs HTML5, jQuery (ExtJs), and other web skills. I would be looking for someone with those web skills. The RPG part of a web application can be taught to anyone very quickly. The RPG program is just responding to a HTTP request with JSON data and that is very easy.

Jim Cooper
Program Coordinator
Lambton College
jim.cooper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx