From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Jon Paris
Sent: 12 August 2012 8:56 PM
To: web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [WEB400] XMLSERVICE with .Net

On 2012-08-12, at 1:00 PM, web400-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

But how much of the IBM i world has embraced and built core business
functionality into SubProcedures ?

More than have embraced stored procedures?

It is just one more tool in the box.

Your tooling and general experience is exposing IBM i to .Net - it is
inevitable that stored procedures are at the forefront because your need is
to retrieve via SQL. My main exposure is in helping folks to make the best
of what they've got. And what they've got is programs and subprocedures. If
they want to expose them via stored procedures then they have to learn that
layer. One of the aspects of XMLSERVICE that is interesting is that the IBM
i crowd don't actually have to do any work - they can just hand over the
program name/library plus parameter definitions to the other side and let
them build the XML etc. You'd be surprised how attractive that is for a lot
of folks.

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com