From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Pete Helgren
Sent: 1. august 2012 21:39
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Getting a pulse for Ruby On Rails on i

Agree with most of what you say but I *would* expect a .Net guy to like
jsp's since they are so similar to each other. Me, I *never* use jsp's.
MVC for me HTML served by the FreeMarker template framework with native
servlets accessing the DB. jsp's mix and match HTML and Java and don't get
me started on Struts and Spring (write once and configure EVERYWHERE)....

Most of my stuff is Javascript now that JSON and Ajax are the tools de jore.
I use Java at the back end because I can write the whole tamale on my laptop
and deploy to something secure and stable like IBM i.....

Didn't MS have a version of windows that ran on power (early on)? I am
surprised that IBM didn't pick up and run with. Imagine how fast Windows
could crash on a Power 7! You'd hardly see that blue screen of death. But
those constant security updates would apply quicker.... ;-)

Pete Helgren
Value Added Software, Inc
www.petesworkshop.com
GIAC Secure Software Programmer-Java