Do you have -Dos400.awt.native=true in your JAVA_OPTS ?

In catalina.sh in the bin folder I have this line (among others) at the top of the file:
export -s JAVA_OPTS="-Dos400.awt.native=true -Djava.awt.headless=true -Djava.version=1.6 -Xms256m -Xmx512m"

That might help.

Pete Helgren
Value Added Software, Inc
www.petesworkshop.com