From: "BButterworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <BButterworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, March 1, 2012 9:50 AM
Subject: [WEB400] Form-based authentication with Glassfish

I am researching using Glassfish, JSF and Primefaces to develop some
intranet applications and have developed some simple examples which
display DB2 data using Primefaces charts and datatables. Now I am trying
to develop a mechanism to secure these applications. One option is to use
form-based, container-managed authentication, and I have created a working
login example against a MySQL database.This article offers a similar
example:

http://blog.eisele.net/2011/01/jdbc-security-realm-and-form-based.html

Instead of MySQL, I would like to use DB2 on IBM i, but I am running into
problems. Has anyone had success getting form-based authentication to work
using Glassfish (3.1.x) with a JDBC realm and the JTOpen driver (7.6)
against DB2 on IBM i (7.1)? I have a JDBC connection pool and resource
defined in Glassfish for DB2, and it should be configured properly because
I am using it to access DB2 data in the JSF applications mentioned above.
The same JDBC resource is specified in the security realm defined in
Glassfish, which is used with form-based authentication. My DB2 example is
modelled on my working MySQL example in terms of the users and groups
files. When I attempt to authenticate, however, I get this warning:

Message ID
WEB9102

Complete Message
Web Login Failed:
com.sun.enterprise.security.auth.login.common.LoginException: Login
failed: Security Exception

Maybe there is a way to turn on more detailed logging? I have two JDBC
realms defined in Glassfish, one for MySQL and one for DB2. I can specify
which realm I want to use in the web.xml of my simple login application.
If I set it to the MySQL realm, it works. When I flip it to the DB2 realm,
it doesn't. In any event, I seem to have hit a brick wall, so I thought
I'd see if anyone on the list has success attempting this.

Thanks,
Blake