Getting it to work directly would be great! Having an alternative in your back pocket makes it completely possible.

Good luck!

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects

On 3/1/2012 1:32 PM, BButterworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Jim,

We do have ZendServer installed on another IBM i system which powers our
website. So I could install it again or use the existing MySQL instance,
but it would be nice to get things working directly with DB2, if possible.
Seems like it should work unless the way Glassfish looks up credentials is
somehow incompatible with either the JTOpen driver or DB2. If I can't get
it working, then I may go the MySQL route or use a file realm for the time
being.

Thanks,
Blake

date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 11:03:18 -0600
from: Jim Oberholtzer<midrangel@xxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: [WEB400] Form-based authentication with Glassfish

Blake,

Do you have Zend Server with MySQL loaded on your System? If so, you
could consider using the DB/2 database engine for MySQL. You'll get the
best of both worlds, MySQL calls and DB/2 for storage and reliability.
The MySQL and the DB/2 engine (written by IBM for Zend) is now supported
by Zend since Oracle dropped the ongoing support for MySQL on IBM i.
It takes about 30 minutes to load the engine, set the defaults and have
it running.