Mike,

don't be afraid to use the IFS as a middle base, it is almost as fast at
storage.

Basically my business is build around a financial system (GL, AR, AP) and we
do a lot of in and out going messages in different formats. Before it was
FAX today
it is EMAIL in the unformal part.

Attached to the E-mails can be several formats of the same e.g. when
invoices
are paid, the receiver gets an e-mail with a specification in several
attachments
that can be a PDF, a CSV, a XML or even a UN/EDIFACT PAYMUL that specifies
what invoices the payment covers.

This is just a extra service because most of my customers don't want to go
into a
formal EDI exchange just to pay their bills so the receiver may use the
information
on their own terms unless the receiver is so powerfull, big and needed that
there
are no workaround and a formal EDI communication has to be established.

To me, as a little company, e-mail based bills sucks simply because you
can't
save an e-mail and thereby have a folder over your years deductables and it
is
actually a nightmare to go over your payment requests from PAYPAL every
year or walking through your bank statements to find out - PDF's is much
more
manageable.

So my best advice is to change gear and include PDF's instead of plaint text
e-mail based invoices!