The best way to do this is to use CSS to style the table and the whole
page really.

Check out this link for for info on the vertical-align.
http://reference.sitepoint.com/css/vertical-align

Thanks
Bryce Martin
Programmer/Analyst I
570-546-4777

"Lim Hock-Chai" <Lim.Hock-Chai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
06/10/2011 11:06 AM
Please respond to
Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

<web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[WEB400] jsf dataTable - header and data row/column style

Hello,
I've received a mock up html file from my web-page designer for a new,
my first, web project. This mock up is what I'm supposed to use to
create my first web app. In this mock up file, it has a <table> tag.
The table column header and column data for this table looks like below:

Table Header <td> is as below:
width="152" bgcolor="#f9f9f9">Column1 Header</td>
width="10" bgcolor="#f9f9f9">Column2 Header</td>

Table Data <td> is as below:
height="20">Column 1 Data</td>
1 Data</td>

So far below is what I did to translate above into jsf equivalent. My
question for this post is how do I add the valign/align/width.. in the
above <td> tag into my <h:column>?

<h:dataTable value=#{CarbonCopyAndForwardingListBean.dataList}
var="item"
columnClasses="RowwithBottomDotLine, RowwithBottomDotLine,
RowwithBottomDotLine,RowwithBottomDotLine"
headerClass="Rowwith2XBottomLine">
<h:column>
<f:facet name="header">Column1 Header</f:facet>
<h:outputText value="#{item.column1Data}" />
</h:column>

<h:column>
<f:facet name="header">Column2 Header</f:facet>
<h:outputText value="#{item.column2Data}" />
</h:column>
</h:dataTable>

Thanks