You may also want to check into ExpressionEngine. It is a commercial CMS
from EllisLab built on the open source CodeIgniter framework, and seems to
be popular with designers. (The full-blown version is $300.) Other
frameworks, like Zend's, can be integrated with it. We used it for our
website revamp along with Zend Server: http://www.ksturnpike.com. We're
currently not using the DB2 Storage Engine, but still replicate the MySQL
data to a HA/DR system using iTera.

Blake

Blake Butterworth | Senior Programmer Analyst | Kansas Turnpike Authority
| 9401 E Kellogg | Wichita, KS 67207 | (316) 652-2740

------------------------------

date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 13:29:55 +0000
from: Mike Pavlak <mike.p@xxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: [WEB400] iSeries vs IIS web site

And don't be afraid to fight the "not invented here" syndrome. You can
load Drupal on your IBM i and hire a Drupal "themer" to take care of the
design and even teach you. With a world class CMS lie Drupal, the folks
in marketing and other departments can maintain their own content. I have
shown MANY how amazingly easy it is to integrate custom PHP code from IBM
i to existing Drupal webpages without disemboweling Drupal. For a free
tour of a free open source CMS, check out Drupal gardens and let me know
if you need a themer! You can prototype there and then export!
http://www.drupalgardens.com/

If Drupal is not your cup of tea, check out what the folks at WMCPA did
with their implementation of Joomla! http://www.wmcpa.org/ Yes, it is
running on IBM i!

And, I gotta believe, we can backup most of not all of the website hot!
Been a while since I looked at that myself so I bet Jim can add a little
here. Don't forget the DB2 Storage engine for MySQL based applications
(like Drupal and Joomla) that could write to DB2 tables that could be
journaled and replicating to an HA machine, ala MIMIX. Hmmm, backups? We
don-need no stinkin' backups!

:-)

Mike

mike.p@xxxxxxxx?? Cell: (408)679-1011??? Office: (630)928-1476

Zend Server for IBM i available at
http://www.zend.com/en/products/server/zend-server-5-new-ibmi

------------------------------

date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 09:58:45 -0400
from: Bryce Martin <BMartin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: [WEB400] iSeries vs IIS web site

I would also mention Wordpress here since it has greater market share than

drupal and joomla combined. If you need Wordpress theme design, let me
know.

Thanks
Bryce Martin
Programmer/Analyst I