From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Aaron Bartell
Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2010 12:22 PM
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: [WEB400] FASTCGI and release 7.1 Zend CE installation instructions

Does FastCGI for IBMi differ from non-IBMi?

Also, is it necessary for running PHP on IBMi?

Aaron Bartell
www.MowYourLawn.com/blog
www.OpenRPGUI.com
www.SoftwareSavesLives.com

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 12:03 PM, Mike Pavlak <mike.p@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On general principle, PTF early and often. But seriously, there are no
"formal" pre-req's for 7.1 as FastCGI is built in to the OS.

HOWEVER! FastCGI is new and IBM is creating PTF's for this on a regular
basis. So, it would behoove you to make sure you are current on ALL your
Group and Cumulative PTF's. I could give you a list but I am WAY too lazy
for that. Especially the group for PASE and HTTP. Please do not ask me
for a level because all I will do is go to the IBM website and tell you the
current level I see out there. Relax, it works. But like any new
technology there is always room for improvement. Plus, you already know
what kind of perfectionists those Rochester folks can be! :-)

On other releases V5R4 through i6.1.x you should only need to apply current
Group and Cumulative PTF's and the FastCGI PTF's should be included.

The command is WRKPTFGRP and the website is here:

http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/sline003.NSF/GroupPTFs?OpenView&view=GroupPTFs

Regards,

Mike

mike.p@xxxxxxxx Cell: (408)679-1011 Office: (630)928-1476