Aaron

Go eat your dinner!

- Maurice

-----Original Message-----
From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Aaron Bartell
Sent: 10 December 2010 22:26
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Why the IBM i *might* not be a good web server

This is a new vein you started, not me. You shouldn't make statements that
IBM i isn't fit to be a web server in a forum where many have had great
success with it if you want to eat your toast and beans in peace.

Currently I am eating my dinner ( beans on toast ). After I've eaten and
slept I may come back to you, although I do not see much point?

The point is that I don't think your reasons will be valid, though I usually
learn about the worst parts of IBM i the most from those that dislike
certain aspects of it.

I don't know why I am so full of piss and vinegar today, but backing down at
this point would be assimilation. So yes, please eat and rest so we can
have some good and fruitful discussion on the upsides and downsides of
Apache on IBM i vs. IIS on WindowsServer. I already know that Apache on IBM
i isn't without it's faults, but it is VERY capable of being a great web
server in my experiences. Maybe we just need to share experiences and that
will be enough?

Aaron Bartell
www.MowYourLawn.com/blog
www.OpenRPGUI.com
www.SoftwareSavesLives.com

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 3:05 PM, Maurice O'Prey