Aaron:

No up front investment is needed. If you wish to take us up on the offer, send us the requested information. The idea is _during_ the 90 day period the developer would post the Wiki articles and develop the open source program. The developer could (and we assume will) be doing other learning/exploring/development activities as well, what we are asking is that while that's happening in return for us giving access to the system, something be given back to the IBM i community in the form of open source development. I was hoping the sentence: " Durning that 90 days the developer taking advantage of the offer would be expected to...." was clear enough.

If someone cheats, signs up and uses the system without honoring our terms Larry and I will decide how to handle that on an individual basis, but honestly, I am confident that we will not wind up with that scenario to deal with. In basic terms we are trusting the developer to do what they agreed to do. Maybe it's a foolish stance, but I choose to believe it won't be a problem, besides we always have the option of cutting off access.

Others have suggested we offer prizes for the best applications/api calls etc, and we will consider that. We already have some offers for some of those items.

Jim Oberholtzer
Co-Owner of iDevCloud.com
CEO/Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects, LLC