Would you create an intelligent connection pool manager to
determine which tenant each request belongs to?

That would make a lot of sense. I don't think the default JDBC
connection pool in JT400 can handle that kind of thing, but it shouldn't
be too hard to create your own.

Could we explore that idea a little further? And just to reiterate a little bit
of background to keep things in context, we're talking about using a single IBM
i box to handle requests for multiple tenants who each have their own separate
database collection (library). So we're exploring the idea of writing a
connection pool manager to return a connection to a DB server instance which
would use the appropriate library list for the requesting tenant.

What scope would you recommend for the connection manager? Scoped to a single
servlet? Scoped to a package of Servlets? Scoped to a WAS instance?

-Nathan