Hi all, hoping someone can shed some light on our situation ...

On an AS400 V6R1 box we have a WAS 6.1 server connecting to a DB2 db.
We're connecting using JT400 6.1.0.10 using the XA toolbox driver.

We're encountering transactions timing out on file locks, which is OK
as they are valid concurrent access scenarios. However occasionally a
transaction seems to be being reported as being rolled back to WAS but
the job persists in the AS400. When we look at this job we're unable
to cancel it or roll it back and its transaction timeout appears as
122880000000 seconds, which is around 3896 years, which is quite a bit
larger than we want it to be. It keeps the record lock.

We're using the default file and record lock wait timeouts on all our
files (30 and 60 seconds respectively) and have not configured any
transaction timeout on our WAS data source. We have no idea where this
effectively infinite timeout is coming from. There doesn't seem to be
a setting in WAS or the JT400 driver for a default transaction
timeout. My hunch is that it's coming from WAS's internals.

Has anyone else experience anything like this? Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Jonathon