I have a world of respect for Tim and what he's been trying to achieve Vern, but having looked at the web client stuff I wouldn't spend any more time on it unless they make major changes.

It is very limited and has only about 1/10th the capability of Scott's HTTPAPI. As you noted, it requires the C compiler - which in turn means that if anything goes wrong you stand little chance of fixing it. With Scott's stuff, on the rare occasions when there is a problem, you can debug it yourself as well as enlisting the help of the community.

My take is the built-in server seesm to work well - I haven't tried to deploy existing apps with it, but the web services generated by the wizard that use your underlying RPG or COBOL is pretty good.

In my opinion though, the client side is not worth the effort except for with clients who will not consider anything that doesn't say "Made by IBM" on it. HTTPAPI by itself or in conjunction with WDSL2RPG do a far better and more comprehensive job. This (the client side) is one of those areas where I'd rather IBM spend its money on something else.

Jon Paris

www.Partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com