From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Nathan Andelin
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2010 10:57 PM
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Web Services with IBM solutions

I haven't used any of these products, so I can only offer a brief bird's eye
(high-level) overview.

If you have an interface in an ILE program that you're interested in exposing as
a web service, you can use IWS wizzards to generate a WSDL and Java components
to call your RPG program from Websphere. You can offer the WSDL to enable web
service clients to generate an interface that matches yours.

Message Broker is a highly engineered product that you might use to exchange
messages between otherwise disparate systems, using various protocols. I use
the term "product", but in order to use and deploy it, you're probably going to
need somebody from IBM Global Services to help you under a business systems
integration project.

If Message Broker is a job for Global Services, then Enterprise Service Bus is
even more so. It's a collection of technologies under one brand name. After
you hire IBM to help you implement a business integration strategy they may be
likely to recommend ESB in conjunction with Message Broker.

Large scale business process integration is serious business for IBM.

-Nathan