Kent

This must be CGI (Net.data?) since it has a scriptaliasmatch to a program in a library. One of our products does the same thing.

The 404-not found is probably related not to any IFS stuff, rather, to the program. Could the authority to the library or program have changed? Of course, in your case, it seems the program might not have been specified in the address of the browser, hence the next paragraph.

When I asked about the URL, I was wondering what address was used in the browser? You have to have something (the program name) following the http://host:port/ewalibcgitp for it to be able to substitute something for the $1.

Instance jobs - these are regular 400 jobs. They have a job log. There is information there, in addition to the HTTP error logs in the IFS. The instance jobs will probably be in subsystem QHTTPSVR - do a WRKSBSJOB QHTTPSVR and look for jobs with names that are the same as the name of your server instance. One or more of these will have CGI as part of the text in the function column. Look at the job log there. That is actually my first look for trouble-shooting. Now if there is no CGI job, then the error logs are all you have. I've not done this, but you can set verbose logging when you start the instance, I believe.

HTH
Vern