Aaron

powerEXY Core is MIT licensed - feel free to do anything what you want to
do with it - can you use
any of it or any idears build in it - I would only appreciate it ;-)

However, I have some experience in working with programmers that are "not
gifted childs"
(IQ <130 in WISC-III) and if you create very sofisticated blackboxes they
will never understand.

.

Med venlig hilsen/Kind regards
Henrik Rützou
HR Software Development
Ved Stampedammen 39
DK 2970 Hørsholm
Denmark
E-mail: hr@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Phone: +45 2714 8449

Homepage: powerEXT.com

Aaron Bartell <aaronbartell@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
16-07-2010 19:49
Please respond to
Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries" <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [WEB400] Convert DS/Record to JSON

How does the open source for powerEXT work? Am I allowed to use snippets
of
code from powerEXT in a LGPL application like RPGUI? And if I do use
snippets from powerEXT does that mean those that use RPGUI are bound by
the
GPL of powerEXT?

Or is the code you are talking about part of powerEXT core (which I
believe
is under the MIT license)?

Concerning painting myself into a corner, the approach I intend to take is
to have this new process populate a JSON pointer with the record data and
that can subsequently have additional elements added. Mihael Schmidt's
JSON
*SRVPGM (LGPL) will work great for this purpose.

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com
http://mowyourlawn.com/blog/