The desire for this behavior is - as y'all prolly know - from Excel, where you can have both rows and columns fixed.

Is it possible to scroll both vertically and horizontally at the same time in a browser? I did not think so. But I'd think there are trappable events for both.

Just my thoughts before Super Nachos at Taco John's

Vern

Bob P. Roche wrote:
How can that work? I understand having the headers stay and the rest scroll, look up scrolling table in any search engine you'll find javascript that does it. I can also see doing it sideways, though i never looked for a prewritten way to do that, But i can 't see how they could get used together. The system would have to be smart enough to know what way your scrolling and only lock the part you want. If you lock the header and then scroll sideways the headings no longer match up.
I'm guessing you meant one way or the other not both at once. As I said there are some example to be found for scrolling up and down with fixed headers and/or footers on a web table.