AJAX does not require XHTML (when did the ability to do AJAX appear? somewhere in the 90s?) - and XHTML is not by definition "well structured HTML" - there is not a correlation there in my mind at all. I can write very well-structured HTML in HTML-4.01 Transitional or Strict or whatever - that's a discipline, not a standard.

And in reply to your other post, yeah, I don't know everything that is out there. I know a little of what I need to make things work. And I know a man I respect 'cuz he's fought a lot of battles. This really is a personal choice, not a defined standard. There are many points along the spectrum here, so far as I can see, and you have your way, and we may not agree - c'est la vie!

Later - time to go home and clean house
Vern

hr@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
WEB 2.0 is technically very much associated with the start of using AJAX that required XHMTL (well structured HTML)

And yes, AJAX was a gift for social networks, not as we know them today
(facebook/twitter) but regular dating sites with chats and forums

Kelly Cookson <KCookson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent by: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
30-03-2010 21:13
Please respond to
Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [WEB400] Would you take a complimentary course on HTML from a company whose website looked like this?

I'm curious how people are using the term "Web 2.0". Based on what I've read, Web 2.0 refers to the social web. I understood it to mean interactive web applications that facilitate social collaboration, such as social networking sites, wikis, blogs, and RSS. Enterprise 2.0, coined by a Harvard business professor, refers to the use of these kinds of Web 2.0 apps within businesses. From this perspective, Web 2.0 doesn't really care about the distinction between HTML and XHTML.

But there is always more than one perspective in the world. What does Web 2.0 mean to those who associate it with XHTML?
Kelly Cookson
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Dot Foods, Inc.
217-773-4486 x12676