Aaron Bartell skrev:
although being "out there" is a specialty of yours ;-)

I knew I wasn't completely off my rocker! :-)

In the end I think the key is to NOT use something as verbose as XML -
especially when both ends of the pipe are owned by the same party. I guess
I am getting learn all of these things the hard way, but at least I know
from where I speak :-)
XML data usually compress well, so that is the usual simple cure for the verbosity of XML. This is something you need to consider anyway if performance over a low bandwidth network connection is a parameter.