No, I wasn't at the conference. I just followed the link, posted by Mike Pavlak. The page had an embedded youtube video of the session where HipHop was presented.

I was reviewing the Power 7 announcements and noted IBM's plan to release a 256-core Power Server later this year. My guess is that a server like that might support 60K-100K concurrent sessions.

----- Original Message ----
From: Aaron Bartell <aaronbartell@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, February 9, 2010 9:20:38 AM
Subject: Re: [WEB400] HipHop for PHP

The facilitator at the conference where HipHop was presented indicated that
FaceBook had "tens of thousands of web servers".

Wow mamma! Did you find that online or were you there? Makes you wonder
how many big IBMi machines they would need to facilitate that
infrastructure. I wouldn't be surprised if Facebook was purchased by Google
in the next few years and then use Google's grid to run on.

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com
http://mowyourlawn.com/blog/