I don't mind sharing any thoughts at all. I might even see if I can help
contribute in any other way at some point.

I've personally just started reading a book Wicket and it sounds like they
have an interesting seamless way of keeping state. Just something to look it
for possibly some ideas.

The main obstacle I see with making an external consumer based site will be
the JavaScript. This will ONLY come into play if you want the site indexed.
If it's just a site that external people, e.g. outside sales, customers,
vendors, etc. need to use no problems. The issue is if you want John Doe to
see come across your site with the a search. JavaScript is not web crawler
friendly as it manipulates the DOM and does not output HTML.

--
James R. Perkins