The problem with your argument is that the GPLv3 license is not implied it is explicit and unmodified, they don't even copy the terms of the GPL onto their site, they simply provide a direct link to the GPL hosted at gnu.org. And according to those terms, once they have granted a GPLv3 license to anyone, they have granted it to everyone. They can not restrict who they grant the GPLv3 license to.

Joe Lee

Nathan Andelin <nandelin@xxxxxxxxx> 01/20/2010 05:38 >>>
From: "Dean, Robert"
If the software is GPLv3, then this FAQ is authoritative ...

Hi Robert,

You seem to imply that ExtJS is under GPLv3, but they stipulate otherwise on their license page - indicating that their Commercial License applies in the event that the consumer choses NOT to release their source under GPLv3.

If you base your rights as if they were granted under GPLv3, but the licensor has not granted rights under it, then why imply otherwise?

Nathan.