Thanks for your insights, Jon. FWIW, I empathize with Henrik in this case more than IBM, and generally support products that run under the native virtual machine.

Nathan.

----- Original Message ----
From: Jon Paris <jon.paris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, January 5, 2010 11:42:18 AM
Subject: Re: [WEB400] PowerExt (www.PowerExt.com)

I think if it was a problem he could rewrite the required bits without
too much effort. I think he did it this way so that existing CGIDEV2
apps could be extended to use the new functionality - much the same as
Renaissance have done with their stuff.

I suspect IBM would never bother going after anyone - the major reason
for the copyright notices has to do with not wanting to accept
responsibility for others modifications etc. There are other reasons
but I just don't think anyone there cares enough about it or they'd
have done more with the poor little orphan than they have. Doesn't
Giovanni distribute a version that is different from the iBM one?

Jon Paris

www.Partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com