You are looking for a "wireless bridge". You just put it in the room you
want and then plug your ethernet devices into it. You should be able to
find one at the usual places. I now you can get one on newegg. Although,
it would be better to just run cable.

Brian May
Project Lead
Management Information Systems
Garan, Incorporated
Starkville, Mississippi

Young i Professionals

"Shannon ODonnell" <sodonnell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
12/09/2009 09:14 AM
Please respond to
Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"'Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries'" <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

[WEB400] iSeries access over two wireless routers - HOW

I have a 520 that is orphaned at the moment. That is, it's no long
accessible to my network.

I had to do some reconfiguring and moving equipment around, and at the
moment, my main router is in one room and the 520 is in another.

I'm wondering if I could do something like this.

If I put a wireless router near the 520 and plug that in to the Ethernet
port. could I somehow bridge that router to my other (main) wireless
router that is in another room? Seems like I could do it if I connected
PC to the router that is connected to the iSeries using an Ethernet
cable.and then use that PC to connect wirelessly to the other router.

Maybe. But then how would I access the iSeries from other PC's? Could
got through the PC that is direct connected to the iSeries?

I have a real problem trying to do networking in general, and trying to do
it all in my head is really a challenge.

Any ideas?

Shannon O'Donnell

This thread ...


Follow On AppleNews
Return to Archive home page | Return to MIDRANGE.COM home page

This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2020 by and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact [javascript protected email address].