I took some time recently to evaluate a number of IDEs for HTML, JavaScript, and .CSS development - in connection to buying a new laptop. And finally settled on a Dreamweaver upgrade from the 2004 version.

Although I don't write PHP script, Dreamweaver has many references to PHP in their IDE and documentation. I use Dreamweaver's FTP support to upload files to the IFS, but I don't know how to use the synchronization feature, so I fall back to SmartFTP occasionally to keep my workstation and server in sync.

-Nathan.

----- Original Message ----
From: Tom Deskevich <thomas.l.deskevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon, October 26, 2009 1:53:04 PM
Subject: Re: [WEB400] What do people use to design web pages for PHP?

Thanks for the info on Adobe.

I was going to say my last job was programming in a prison for 7 cents an
hour, but I thought that may scare you, as I told the last customer that I
was supporting who I sent an email to, if this does not work you can find me
on zabasearch and come beat me up, since my real name is on the email. :)

I do prison ministry and there is a gentleman I visit who has 2 master
degrees and does make 7 cents an hour teaching in prison. His cousin
actually wrote some books on PHP. We get together as a group, and someone
commented, gee Jeff, you sure are smart. His reply was, I am not that smart,
I am in prison.

I wonder what editor he uses?

I think that is one of prohibited questions of prisoners.

Tom Deskevich