From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Aaron Bartell
Sent: Monday, October 19, 2009 10:21 AM
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: [WEB400] ZendStudio i5 on Linux access DB2 on iSeries

Heyo,

I am racking my brains this morning. I am developing a simple PHP
script
that displays the results of a SQL SELECT statement back to the browser.
should note that developing this script, and configuring an ODBC
connection
to DB2/400, on Windows is working just fine. But I am now trying to get
ZendStudio/PHP on my Ubuntu Linux desktop to communicate with DB2 on the
iSeries. I was heading down the unixodbc.org path until I remembered
there
was the i5 PHP toolkit. I have since been trying to make the following
simple script run successfully:

<?php

include_once('Toolkit_classes.php');

i5_connect ( '999.999.999.999', 'USER', 'PASSWORD' );

if (! $conn)
die ( "Connection error is :" . i5_errormsg () );
else
echo "Connection OK! " . $conn . "<br>\n";

?>

I thought I heard mention that the toolkit came with the i5 version of
ZendStudio but now I am wondering if it is instead a component of
ZendCore.
The issue with the above is it can't resolve the i5_* PHP API's and I
can't
seem to find them anywhere on my system either.

Anybody else running their PHP on Linux and communicating with DB2 on
the
iSeries? I am open to pretty much any options at this point. No, it
isn't
an option to run the PHP on the iSeries - client requirement.

Thanks,
Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com