I don't think I made myself clear enough, so let me clarify.

The error that occurred is resolved. I had a simple parameter order issue,
where I mixed up a couple of parameters on my program call. My question
wasn't on how to fix that issue. It was on how I had to go about finding
the problem.

I went digging around in multiple PHPJOB job logs until I found what was
actually occurring when my PHP called the RPG. That was a bit tedious, and
would have been even more so if our server had more traffic. I had to look
in the job log because the i5_errormsg function only gave me a generic
error message. It seems like getting the error message should be easier,
and I am a little confused as to why EasyCom doesn't return the message
that is printed to the job log instead of the generic "Could not call
program: USELESS-CODE" message that it does send.

I'll keep digging around in job logs if I have to, but I am just making
sure I am not making things too difficult on myself.

Matt

|------------>
| From: |
|------------>
|Tech Guru <techguru@xxxxxxxxxxxx> |
|------------>
| To: |
|------------>
|"Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries" <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx> |
|------------>
| Date: |
|------------>
|09/15/2009 01:29 PM |
|------------>
| Subject: |
|------------>
|Re: [WEB400] PHP Question - Finding Errors in i5_program_call |

Matt,

Could you send the code showing the program setup and program call. That
would help us debug.

The problem could be in your setup. It could be a library list issue. The
data decimal problem could be related to the types of the parameters you
are
passing and what the program is expecting. But without the source
code...we're just guessing.

- Jeff

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 7:43 AM, <MattLavinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Alfred said:

Have you looked in the Apache error logs
in /usr/local/Zend/apache2/logs/?

You can also inspect i5_error( ), i5_errno( ), or i5_errormsg( ) after
your call.

Problem is not with finding my PHP errors. These are printed out on our
development server. The problem is the message sometimes doesn't give
any
useful information.

Kevin said:
Do you have an example of one of these errors?

Sometimes the PHPJOB will hang on a message. Other times I will just get
something like this on the screen:

Could not call program: QWX2221

...or something like that. I had a similar message yesterday when a
decimal data error occurred. I had to dig around in my PHPJOB jobs until
found a message that clarified what happened. Perhaps something in my
configuration is causing this?

Thanks,
Matt