Thanks for the email sending sample.

I learned a couple new functions from your example.

Actually from my perspective there are UNLIMITED uses for PHP scripting
from an iSeries program.

It all depends on the imagination. I have a pretty vivid one :-)

As long as you can call a script and process the output from the script,
the entire PHP language and Zend Framework is at your disposal including
web service calls, PDF creation, etc.

All you have to remember is to use \n instead of <BR> in your script

What limitations did you discover ?

Regards,
Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
"Get the information you need. Now!"
Document Management, Workflow, Report Delivery, Forms and Business
Intelligence
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com
Tel: (952) 736-5800
Fax: (952) 736-5801
Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT
------------------------------

message: 2
date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 13:49:30 -0700
from: Tech Guru <techguru@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: [WEB400] PHP Command Line Caller

Richard,

Nice work! While there are limited applications to calling PHP from
RPG, it
is useful in some cases.

Jon Paris and I discussed some of the possibilities and inherent
limitations
at COMMON last year. This article in the link below is a direct result
of
that conversation.

http://www.mcpressonline.com/tips-techniques/web-languages/techtip-use-p
hp-and-zend_mail-to-send-email.html

I use a tool called SCSPDF to convert my spool files to PDF and then use
an
RPG/PHP email utility I wrote to distribute them.

Keep up the good work. :-)

- Jeff