I am looking for recommendations for a PHP application that a group can
use as a cross between work flow and blog.
The requirements are:
1) Can be viewed by registered members only. No public reading.
2) Once an item has been posted (Blog story...) each of the other users
can respond (comment...) but can not change/remove their responses.
3) Email notice of new Items.
4) Users have to be setup or approved by an administrator. Did I mention
absolutely no public access?
5) Maximum portability. PHP, MySQL, no need for command line or shell
I've looked at WordPress but didn't see a simple (as in the users) way
to completely restrict access. Yes, the folder can be password protected
but that would add another user/password level for the users to fight with.
Roger Vicker, CCP
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2022 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact
Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.