From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Jim Franz
Sent: Fri 03-Jul-09 3:29 PM
To: WEB400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [WEB400] Proof of accepting web orders from customers

Co lawyer has asked for some sort of "proof" the customer clicked on the "I Accept" button on the web screen to place an order.
That screen has 8 lines of legal text, so when they click to place order they are accepting the conditions of the text.
What do people normally keep to later prove the customer did place the
order with that text?
I already capture things like date, time, user id (not a public site-customer's log in), but do I need a picture of the screen as it appeared?
Do I need ip address that I see on some web receipts?
Approx 2500 orders a month and they do already keep a one page order report with details of the order, but it is just text.
This is not selling a product, but selling a service (construction liens and notice to owner), and there can be big lawsuits if the service is faulty, the legal text caps the liability.
Jim Franz