Manning also has a book called jQuery in Action which was been a great help to me (if you are heading down the jQuery path..) It is very readable and scales up in complexity so even noobs like me can make heads or tails of it.

Pete

Vern Hamberg wrote:
Bob

I'm finding the book, JavaScript, in O'Reilly's "The Missing Manual" series, to be helpful. Starts out with some basic stuff, then shows you some of what jQuery can do. Of course, there is a site for jQuery, where you can get the full story.

HTH
Vern

Pete Helgren wrote:
I'd also add my vote for using a toolkit. I use jQuery and as I become more and more comfortable with it it has certainly made my life easier and my code more readable. There is even a plugin for "cascading select boxes" that makes the whole process simpler. If you are new to Javascript, you may want to invest in the learning curve now since the coding techniques tend to me more homogeneous and easier to assimilate when you use a single toolkit. jQuery and JSON have made programming life so much more livable and you are insulated somewhat from browser incompatibilities when using a toolkit.

Take a close look at jQuery.

Pete