Nathan wrote: The "pluming" that I referred to in my earlier post was a
menu sytem, and an API that can establish and maintain persistent onnections
between browsers and a virtual terminal servers, if that would help.<<

Thanx Nathan - Actually it might help. Did you write in Java?

Aaron wrote: The TN5250 project (note there is no "j") could be ported to
the AS400.\001<<

I was looking at it - cool stuff. The view port and the TCP/IP is
irrelevant. But the stuff "in between" - the 5250 parser can be used..
However still need to swap the TCP/IP with the virtual terminal api before
it runs native on i5/OS.

Or how about this .. proof of concept:

Keep the TCP/IP + parser as it is. Then build the JSON generator on top +
and add super tiny webserver (i have boiled down icebreak that runs
linux/windows - 200 lines of code).

This will cut to the chase - keep the TN5250 as it is communicating with the
system i, and the JavaScript JSON transission server/client can be built on
top of that.

This will keep the eye on the ball: "Is it possible to build a solid
JavaScript proxy that consumes the 5250 stream and provides JSON"

If that works - then the rest is just pluming. Moving it to a native system
i job using the virtual terminal is not trivial, but it is straight forward.

Best regards

Niels Liisberg
IceBreak Chief SW Architect

System & Metode Technologies