Makes sense to me. Does each session have it's own job so the user doesn't have to play with state? That's the nice thing about many J2EE frameworks is it takes care of that session stuff for you (for the most part). But it might be an issue if an entire AS400() JT400 object was being stored for each user connection. Would be nice if you could serialize it out to a table or file if inactive for 1+ minutes or something.

Aaron Bartell

Niels Liisberg wrote:
Nathan wrote>>
The sign-on screen is 23K of HTML. That just won't cut it. An HTML stream
that's 20 times bigger than its corresponding 5250 stream will eat your
server's CPU and clog your bandwidth<<

One idea we have bee working on here at S&M, is to convert the 5250 stream
on the fly to JSON and create a super thin java-script client that works
like what we like to calling reverse AJAX.

Reverse AJAX is normally AJAX where the request is what the 5250 stream
normally reads on READ or EXFMT I/O

By using JSON it will ultimately gives you the possibility to enhance the
5250 stream by joining extra attributes/values with user exits program.

Screen scraping on steroids ... does it make sense guys??

Best regards

Niels Liisberg
IceBreak Chief SW Architect

System & Metode Technologies
Håndværkersvinget 8, DK-2970 Hørsholm
Phone: +45 70 20 36 10 Fax: +45 70 20 30 11
Direct: +45 45 177 055
Mobile: +45 31 158 861 E-mail: nli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: www.system-method.com and www.Icebreak.org