Administering HTTP servers and JVMs.

As I have said, I am an i5 and a green screen bigot. I have to get past that. So, please bear with me when I say wrong-headed things.

My goal is to run a series of applications on the i5 HTTP server. These applications will be delivered as .war files and need to run in a jvm 1.5 or higher environment. The machine we are working with is V5R4 with:

IBM Developer Kit for Java
Java Developer Kit 1.3 Java Developer Kit 1.4 Java Developer Kit 5.0 J2SE 5.0 32 bit
I want to use the IBM Web Administration for i5/OS at port 2001. I mean, isn't that really where I am supposed to be heading? But I can't find a place to tell it I want to use jdk 5.0. There is a dropdown box on the Tomcat Settings page but it only allows 1.3.
Earlier posts have suggested I use SystemDefault.properties file but that made no difference that I could see. The manual has references to the jvm, and that all installed versions can be started and run at the same time. But no where that I can find says how.

I am reminded of the Russian recipe for Bear Soup. "First, catch a bear...."

Any pointers would be appreciated. (Simon, I made the change I think you suggested in QIBM... workers.properties. That didn't do much good for me. )

Thanks to all that have made suggestions. I do appreciate them.