We have made a lot of efforts in order to convert dds-dspf to html (and even
worst, RPG code even) in an try named RpgToWeb.com (sorry, in spanish) but
all we can achieve is in order of 80%, and pople wants 100% and really fast
and really secure and really open-source and/or gratis/free.

As part of this try (several years man and lots of time and money) the
"product" have an tool (developed in ms windows) that takes the dds-dspf and
generates html (you can see converted screens in http://cpis.es/r4wdds.htm).

as part of our try-to-web we have also developed an "like SDA" generator of
web forms for when starting the web program from scratch (thus we made now,
developing new html and new rpg-free).

the dds-to-html converter (r4wdds) is run sometimes in order to show how an
5250 screen can be shown in html, as a prototype, but now we really use the
new form-generator or even self-made forms because really the form in an
html is no the main problem.
The converter, as the converter have a good thing, thus all the "fields"
generated have the exact lenght and literals and so on, even we have a
similar approach to attach validations to "fields".

The conversion of the "screen images" are not so bad, but when the screens
have subfiles there is so ugly, the converter have builtin some way to 90%
convert subfiles to tables (really now using "grid" instead of tables), but
obviously (for us, not for the customers) our interest is being able to not
starting from zero.

I will try to re-run the converter in order to check if this can be
separated from the rest, at least as an joke.

Regards,

Guillermo.