From: Simon Coulter
It's not yet available for MacOS X so I didn't bother downloading
it. Life's too short to spend any more time in Windows than
necessary.

I just listened to the press announcement and was impressed that Google is committed to releasing Mac and Linux versions, and indicated that Mac and Linux were prominent in Google's culture.

Chrome also just helped me find a bug in one of my Javascript files. Look at the following lines:

this.assignments[i].funPtr();
if (assignments[i].retValue) {
if (e.preventDefault) {
e.preventDefault();
e.stopPropagation();
}
e.cancelBubble = true;
return false;
}

Did anyone catch the error in line 2? If not, don't feel bad, neither did IE nor Firefox. But Chrome determined that "assignments" was not defined (it was missing the "this." prefix. I'm grateful for that!

Another feature that I think is a boon to developers and users is the option to flag a URL as an "application", and add an application shortcut to your desktop, etc. That instance launches without the address bar and so forth. It helps an application look like an application instead of a Web page.

Nathan.